Wellness Health Magazine – Living Well for Tomorrow Today
We generally refer to “health and fitness” to assess a person’s overall physical and medical status. If the person appears fully functional and does not exhibit signs of illness, we say the person is “healthy and fit”.
But is health and fitness all there is to becoming healthy? How would you explain those people who are generally fit and healthy but are miserable or despondent? They seem to have everything going for them but they manifest a contradictory attitude; one that is pessimistic or adverse toward success.
Perhaps to achieve overall health and fitness, you need a third component, wellness. Many disregard the value of wellness because its definition can be vague. But wellness makes health and fitness more holistic.
This is the domain of a wellness health magazine.
What is a Wellness Health Magazine?
A wellness health magazine presents a more complete, holistic view on health and fitness. It provides content that seeks to answer issues and concerns readers may have on different aspects of their health.
Unlike a straight- forward health magazine which focuses primarily on exercise and diet, a wellness health magazine will attempt to address other types of health issues such as:
- Mental Health
- Emotional Health
- Social Health
- Spiritual Health
- Occupational Health
- Intellectual Health
- Environmental Health
- Financial Health
A person’s state of wellness is not just a function of his physical and medical health simply because there are other factors that can affect overall health.
Doctors say that the best way to deal with stress is exercise. There are scientific studies to support this advice but is it the only way? Wellness seeks to find the answer by determining the origin of the problem.
If you have been doubting your chances for success, perhaps the root lies in your faith or spirituality. Or it could be a consequence of a traumatic experience with the family.
A wellness magazine will help you understand that overall health and fitness is also a function of your overall state of being; your overall outlook on life in general.
Popular Topics in a Wellness Health Magazine
The topics you can find in a typical wellness magazine is identical with other health magazines. The content is just more diversified in order to cater to a wider audience.
- A wellness health magazine will present different methods to addressing pain and illness. There are articles based on the latest scientific and medical discoveries as well as alternative or holistic treatments. Topics could include the following:
- Homeopathic methods
- Healing through natural herbs and remedies
- Proper use of supplements
- Fertility treatments
- Different types of diets
- You can find a good variety of exercises and workout programs in a wellness health magazine. Most of the workout programs are selected based on their contribution to overall fitness which include: cardiovascular, muscular, flexibility, mobility, agility, conditioning and endurance.
Wellness health magazines are a good source of exercise information on the following physical activities:
- Bodyweight Training
As you can see, this is a mix of activities that involve the mind and spirit as well as sports you can perform outdoors.
- Wellness health magazines offer a great variety of food related content that features recipes, preparation and cooking guidelines and the medicinal benefits of certain foods.
Wellness health magazines give you a different perspective on food. We have been taught food is a source of energy through calories. But you will learn that food also has the power to heal, foster relationships and influence your overall state of being.
- Of course, you cannot be complete without family. Wellness health magazines publish content on balancing family life with work.
People tend to work themselves to the ground; putting more time in work than with family. You may have financial success but at what cost? Often, family troubles are a major source of wellness issues.
The articles in a wellness health magazine will remind you of your purpose: why you work as hard as you do. Some of the topics may include:
- Family life without technology
- Best time management practices
- How to raise healthy and smart kids
- Best activities for the entire family
- How to get your kids to eat healthy
- A wellness health magazine promotes the idea that long- term holistic health can only be achieved if it is embraced as a life-time choice. You will not succeed unless you commit to it 100%.
This means you must account for your lifestyle and implement the necessary changes to establish the conditions for holistic health. Among the usual topics are:
- Green Practices and Technology
- Importance of Conservation of Natural Resources
- Healthy Outdoor Activities
- Stress Management Practices
- Dangers of Processed Foods
A wellness health magazine helps you find the solutions to those questions that no one has been able to answer. It gives you different points of view to reference a probable solution to your problem.
Health isn’t just about taking the time to exercise and eat healthy. Sometimes the answers lie deeper than skin and bone. A wellness health magazine will force you to dig deep and make an honest assessment of who you are and your overall state of being.